Friday, June 4, 2010

Mandarin !


I've always wanted to learn Mandarin. Since I was thirteen, as I remembered. But being here makes me even more eager than I was. Especially having to learn it from a cute Chinese-Mandarin-slash-Cantonese-speaking guy :D

His name? Hang Yi :)
Where from? Orientation group.
How did he? I asks him to translate every possible phrase I could think of!
And? He teaches me well, so far :)

Oh, and I think he has the best fashion sense. And the cutest laugh! Haha!
Hang Yi, ni leng zhai :)

So here's a few.

Chou an. Good morning!

Wan an. Good night.

Ni hao :) Hye!

Ni hao ma? How are you?

Ke yi ma? Can or not?

Ni jiao wo ma? Did you call me?

Jin jin! Shut up!

Zhen de ma? Really?

Zhu ar ni! Babi ar kau! HAHA.

Shen mok? What?

Wei shen mok? Why?

Wo pu yao :( I do not want.

Wo pu dong/Wo pu chi tau. I don't know.

Wo hen hao. I'm very fine.

Xien xien. Thank you.

Tui. (pronounced: tu-ay) Right (betul).

Ni chai na li? Where are you?

Wo xiang ni/Wo xiong lim ley :( I miss you :(

...and many more. :D

I tried using 'em with a few Chineses I bump into. Like at stores or restaurants. Passer-bys or seniors. It makes them look at me twice,smile and answer amusingly :D

Sometimes I don't get what they say so I just smile and walk away HAHAHA.

Anyways, it was fun learning bits of it and I hope to learn more and be fluent with it. I'm in no rush and language has been my passion since ever so I hope I can cope. Orientation was a blast for me. Memoirs in knowing Hang Yi was the sweetest. We have t-shirts in remembrance of our brief friendship and I hope to see him around campus everyday even just to say 'ni hao' :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, write write :)