Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MDO Grand Finals Night :D

3rd Malaysia Debate Open is a tournament by MMU Melaka for debaters to form teams from varsities, schools, veteran individuals and independent debaters. A reunion like no other.


MDO was initially known of it's informal reunion party to bring together friends in the debating community while debating for fun. However, this year's tournament turned out to be a throat-slitting competition among teams for the sake of competitiveness. An extra of 92 teams turned up on registration day out of the blue! I was comprehended of how chaotic the registration team and logistic division were screwed. They somehow managed to withdraw MDO from that problem.


Long story short, I got a one-night position in the crew, to be the Grand Final Night's emcee, partnered up with Vignesh Menon. It was terrifying as it was my first (actually second, but I don't think I'd count the time I emcee-d for 3 Days Around the World since it was a small informal ceremony) time doing it but I had many hours to practice and many dedicative support from boyfriend, friends and sister.


I met Kamal from SASER and Aidil Haikal from SAS too. High school debate buddies who I'd known since I first started debating in my life. We grew up together to discover things we had now. In debating, at least. The MDO Crew were cooperative and friendly. I had no problem working with them. It was a great experience :)


Ladies of mine :)

My partner, Vignesh. Pardon the obvious height difference!

Closest Voices mates!

Voices Club Malacca! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, write write :)