Monday, May 3, 2010
Driving Pretest in Cheras.
After for about a month not touching a car nor a steering wheel, I am now back to Imkeda for a trip to Cheras with two other ladies and of course with my Pakcik Radzi. I'm as nervous as if I'mma take the test today.
So we took off early and Pakcik showed us the actual route. We chatted on random stuff. He always tell stories of his past and how lessons of life can be derived from simple incidents. I paid attention.
I don't know why, but I always get to be the first in turns. Maybe I have that enthusiasted look *no I don't but anyways I didn't mind cause I need the practice and Pakcik's mood would be the best on the first student haha! Yeah, the first round was quirky and effortful as I struggle to remind myself of the basics whilst memorising the route. With all the signals, gear-changing, speed controlling, maintaining clutch possession, etc. Second round was beautiful. Pakcik was glad I got hold of myself quick and steady. But my system failed me during the third. I screwed up big time! From the very first turn to the last junction. He yelled, cursed and fret. He was a bit disappointed and I was sorry for myself. As it was Kak Nad's turn to drive, I sat on those long waiting benches behind the other girl who came with us. She turned around and we chatted.
We talked on stuff in school, driving stuff and futuristic ideals. She wanted to take up children education and be a kindergarten teacher or something like so. Along the conversation I do realise she has an extraordinary fond towards kids,which makes sense from what she'd told me. And I told her mine. Then it was her turn to tale over the wheels. Only then I realise I didn't get her name haha! But she had good command of English,which I'm comfortable with and she stays in Ukay Perdana too. Jalan UP 3/5 lagi. Sangat dekat. Then Kak Nad came out muka tension then invites me for a drink at the nearby and only stall. She had the same case as mine. Perfect first and second round,craps the third.
After a surprisingly short wait, maybe because of the drinks we had, it's track training time. Then it was my turn lagi. I did bukit well, my car-mates were proud of me. The girl earlier happen to be a Sabrina. So she helped me with parking formula and Kak Nad helped me with navigations. We took our turns until Pakcik was satisfied. Till then, he announced that he wanted to take Kak Nad and I for another round of road driving each. One last time. So I came up first of course, then I did it. Flawlessly. No kidding :D
Had another 15 minutes chat with Sabrina Ariss while we waited for Kak Nad to be done with. Then she said hers went swell too :) Upon arriving Imkeda, called Mummy and she was already on her way. So went back home safe and sound. I was pretty much satisfied and anxious to take the test :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on, write write :)